Overview of the Role:
The Customer Experience Specialist supports our growing physician network. This person will assist customers with all questions around billing, their patient portal, and other inquiries. The role operates within a customer service oriented call center environment.
Primary Job Duties:
- Help customers enroll into our services by guiding them through our patient portal
- Monitor all requests for help from patients on a variety of topics ranging from how to understand their insurance benefits to helping them with claim resolution
- Provide first-level technical support to patients that report issues with the Web based product.
- Critically analyze a situation and are able to escalate issues to the appropriate specialists and then meticulously follow through with them to ensure that the customer is served in a timely fashion.
- Document issues in any given day and are able to produce timely reports for your manager.
- Identify issues that occur on a repeated basis and provide feedback to manager
- Remain flexible enough to take on other duties as may be assigned.
- High School Diploma required, advance certification a plus
- Familiar with Healthcare billing and claim resolution is preferred
- 2-3 years of full time experience in a call center customer service environment preferred
- Familiar using software such as Word, Excel, Web Browsers and Browser based web applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Availability to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 8am - 6pm
- Accessibility to private, quiet work space with high-speed internet to work remotely
- Must comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations
Interpersonal Skills & Attributes:
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Ability to interact with employees and key stakeholders in a professional manner
- Multi-tasker, able to juggle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Highly organized, high energy, and a productive person with a fanatical attention to detail.
- Happy when you are able to get to the bottom of a customer’s issue and do whatever it takes to address it.
- Analytical mind and are always looking for ways to improve a recurring process.
- You understand and embrace the advantages and disadvantages of working in a startup – you’re willing to help invent the solution.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
It is an unlawful employment practice for an employer to fail or refuse to hire or discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to that individual’s terms and conditions of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.